Sign in to follow this  
winter shaker

Luxury Album #5

I've been listening to Trophies almost non-stop since I got it. Without a doubt, it's my favorite album of theirs, and if it's the last Luxury album, then it's a fantastic final statement.

I’m not sure why they decided to do it. Maybe to prove they still could after a decade of absence. Maybe there were still songs rattling around inside of them, even though they now live in different states and have vastly different occupations. Or maybe they just missed the spark that happens when you get in a room with your friends, pick up some instruments, and let the Spirit flow. But regardless of why Luxury recorded a new album after all these years, I’m very glad they did. Simply put, Trophies contains the best music I’ve ever heard from them.

Here's my review.

I've been listening to Trophies almost non-stop since I got it. Without a doubt, it's my favorite album of theirs, and if it's the last Luxury album, then it's a fantastic final statement.

I’m not sure why they decided to do it. Maybe to prove they still could after a decade of absence. Maybe there were still songs rattling around inside of them, even though they now live in different states and have vastly different occupations. Or maybe they just missed the spark that happens when you get in a room with your friends, pick up some instruments, and let the Spirit flow. But regardless of why Luxury recorded a new album after all these years, I’m very glad they did. Simply put, Trophies contains the best music I’ve ever heard from them.

Here's my review.

Nice review. I sure do hope it's not the last album (but I really want to hear Wedding Feast of the Lamb: Second Movement!).

Who was the former theology prof?

Here's my review.

Nice review. I sure do hope it's not the last album (but I really want to hear Wedding Feast of the Lamb: Second Movement!).

Matt Hinton. According to his bio on the website for Awake, My Soul, he taught religion at Morehouse College. He also runs an apparently excellent burrito restaurant.

Here's my review.

Matt Hinton. According to his bio on the website for Awake, My Soul, he taught religion at Morehouse College. He also runs an apparently excellent burrito restaurant.

Ah, very cool. I didn't realize he was the one who worked on Awake My Soul. I love Lee's rendition of "China, 163b" (and now looking it up, I see that that's where Woven Hand's harrowing cover of "Behold the Servant of the Lord" is from). Sacred harp really captivated me ever since I saw Lawless; I took out some albums from the library but the audio quality is awful.