Vote: the 2014 A&F Top 25 Theme

TylerMcCabe

Vote: the 2014 A&F Top 25 Theme  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you see what happens, Rushmore? Do you see what happens when you goad someone into talking about a film he was avoiding discussing?

Yes, people start talking about Raising Arizona. Honestly, I'm okay with this, though I'll wait to say my piece at the proper time, except to note that Victor Morton seems to have seen a film that somehow has the same accidents (same words and images), but a completely different substance.

Whoa. You mean you correctly suspected that my ignoring the film meant that I didn't care for it that much?  Impressive.

Well, more or less. In my case, though, such silences usually just mean that I haven't seen the film in question, so be aware of this if you start trying to turn the tables on me.

Edited by Rushmore

As a Green I believe we should have a preferential instant runoff style of voting.

Multiple rounds of voting for everything!

We'll see. It would take a week off our film nomination process, and if we do do a second round of voting, it might be more useful to do one with the actual films rather than with the theme. In the past, we haven't needed to do a theme runoff because there has always been a very clear winner. But, if this one stays close, then we probably should do a runoff between the two.

Argh. I clicked view results. Can my null vote be restored?

I'll check with Tyler and see.

In the meantime, everyone vote first before you look at the results! Apparently this poll doesn't let you look at the results before voting without canceling your vote. We aren't trying to intentionally hide the results so you have to go in voting blind, but that seems to be the way A&F's polls work. At the moment, the two frontrunners are Memory and Divine Comedies.

Sorry, M. Leary--I can't find a way to restore a vote that didn't occur. What a strange, bad loophole. 

If the two topics remain neck in neck on Monday, I'm more than happy to set up another week of voting between two. We started this process slightly sooner than in previous years, so.

In the meantime, everyone vote first before you look at the results! Apparently this poll doesn't let you look at the results before voting without canceling your vote. We aren't trying to intentionally hide the results so you have to go in voting blind, but that seems to be the way A&F's polls work. At the moment, the two frontrunners are Memory and Divine Comedies.

Sorry, M. Leary--I can't find a way to restore a vote that didn't occur. What a strange, bad loophole. 

If the two topics remain neck in neck on Monday, I'm more than happy to set up another week of voting between two. We started this process slightly sooner than in previous years, so.

Can he not create a temporary alias to get around it? 

If not, M. Leary, I'd be happy to cast your vote by proxy!

I've been dithering over my own choice, even before I found out which topics were neck and neck (and now 3rd).  In a way, I would rather this process were either result-blind or that the results were completely transparent.  Once I knew, I saw my vote differently, which I assume is the rationale for hiding results in the 1st place (though not A&F's!). 

Edited by Josie

I've been dithering over my own choice, even before I found out which topics were neck and neck (and now 3rd).  In a way, I would rather this process were either result-blind or that the results were completely transparent.  Once I knew, I saw my vote differently, which I assume is the rationale for hiding results in the 1st place (though not A&F's!). 

Or just have him direct message his vote and add it to the total?

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

Or just have him direct message his vote and add it to the total?

Of course! We can add his vote in at the end, no prob.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.