Oscars 2014: Best Live Action Short

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The shortlist:

• “Aquel No Era Yo (That Wasn’t Me),” Esteban Crespo, director (Producciones Africanauan)
  • “Avant Que De Tout Perdre (Just before Losing Everything),” Xavier Legrand, director, and Alexandre Gavras, producer (KG Productions)
  • “Dva (Two),” Mickey Nedimovic, director, and Henner Besuch, director of photography (Filoufilm Dani Barsch)
  • “Helium,” Anders Walter, director, and Kim Magnusson, producer (M & M Productions)
  • “Kush,” Shubhashish Bhutiani, director (Red Carpet Moving Pictures)
  • “Pitääkö Mun Kaikki Hoitaa? (Do I Have to Take Care of Everything?),” Selma Vilhunen, director, and Kirsikka Saari, screenwriter (Tuffi Films)
  • “Record/Play,” Jesse Atlas, director, and Thom Fennessey, executive producer (Collaboration Factory)
  • “Throat Song,” Miranda de Pencier, director (Northwood Productions)
  • “Tiger Boy,” Gabriele Mainetti, director (Goon Films)
  • “The Voorman Problem,” Mark Gill, director, and Baldwin Li, producer (Honlodge Productions)
Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• 1 month later...

Vote!

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Not a single US film in this category.  Only about 1.666 English language films. (The Spanish film, Aquel no era yo, is mostly English, but subtitled because of the heavy accents.)

Nice to discover that I had already seen one of these - at Newport Beach FF last year.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin