Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Tudor

Vote in the First Annual ZekeFilm Zeke Awards!

3 posts in this topic

Hey folks, although I've never properly introduced my new-ish Film & Faith website ZekeFilm, we've gone forth and attempted our own "Best of 2013" film awards, a little something we call The First Annual Zeke Awards!  

Our contributing writers have nominated the contenders for each of the 17 categories, and now visitors to the site can vote to determine the winners.  (Voting ends Friday, Feb. 21.)  

The idea is that this is a film awards that's for anyone to vote in.  Even if you haven't seen each movie, go ahead and vote for your favorites anyhow.  This is intended as a small, experimental community building exercise, which is in line with out tagline, "Community Through Cinema".  (I've been meaning to post about the site, still a work in progress, here for a while now.)  Voting should only take a minute.  If you like what you see (or even if you don't!), stick around and read some of our reviews and columns.  Thanks, and have fun with this!

http://www.zekefilm.org/2014/01/31/the-first-annual-zekeawards/

Jim Tudor

ZekeFilm.org (co-founder), Twitch (contributor)

post-424-0-91998300-1392181419_thumb.jpg

Interesting website.  I'll try to pay attention to see what you do with it.

But, imho, your "Most Spiritually Significant Film" category is very noticeably missing This Is Martin Bonner, Upstream Color and even Short Term 12 and The Broken Circle Breakdown.

UPSTREAM was nominated, but I don't think enough of our contribs saw it.  I agree about SHORT TERM 12 as well, but same fate there.  BROKEN CIRCLE hasn't opened in any of the towns we live in, although I personally got invited to see it, albeit well after 2013.  BONNER I admit I'm not familiar with.

Thanks for checking it out!