Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

How I Met Your Dad

I've never watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother, but I'm starting a thread for the spinoff because Greta Gerwig is the star, and will produce and write for the show, as well.

In the spirit of How I Met Your Mother, How I Met Your Dad tells the story from a female point of view. It's described as a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center.

Gerwig will play the lead role of Sally, a female Peter Pan who never has grown up and has no idea where she's going in life. She just has figured out that she has nothing in common with her husband of less than a year. A breakup is inevitable, but Sally will find a solid circle of support in her friends and family, who often are too willing to give "good" advice that can backfire badly. Meanwhile, Sally must filter

Edited by Tyler

My wife watches HIMYM, so I've seen a good portion of the series, though not with any real focus or attention (NPH's Barney Stinson is really the only memorable character, but the rest of the cast, Jason Segel, Allison Hannigan, and Colbie Smulders, are all pretty solid. However, Josh Radner's Ted is perhaps one of the most unlikeable and poorly realized characters in a popular sitcom, and that he is the ostensible lead really hurts the show.

I would roll my eyes and note the bankruptcy of network television sitcoms with this new announcement (is it really a spin-off or just a re-working of the same idea?), but the presence of Greta Gerwig makes me perk up and take note.

That was the way to indicate it is a totally different set of characters...? wink.png