Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Space Jam 2

Depressing. The original film was one of the lamest wastes of my time ever.

Link to our thread on the Looney Tunes shorts, which includes some discussion of Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003).

Links to our threads on films-in-development based on the Looney Tunes characters Bugs Bunny, Marvin the Martian, Pepe Le Pew, Speedy Gonzalez and Looney Tunes in general.

Links to our threads on other hybrid live/CGI rodent/cartoon-character movies Garfield (2004-2006), Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007-2011), G-Force (2009), Yogi Bear (2010), Hop (2011), Smurfs (2011-2013), Rats of NIMH (in development), The Berenstain Bears (in development), Mighty Mouse (in development), Babar the Elephant (in development) and Instant Karma (in development). We don't seem to have any threads on The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000), Scooby-Doo (2002-2004) or Marmaduke (2010).

I was talking about the original film  with some friends a couple of weeks ago.  My take on it was that I came away from the film feeling sorry for the Looney Tunes characters.  I know they're just a bunch of drawings on cel material, but somehow director Joe Pytka's lame use of them made me feel just as bad for those drawings, as I would for any actor I admire getting stuck with a bad script.

I remember liking the movie when it first came out, but I was 7 back then, so I might have a different opinion if I watched it again.

I can't remember whether I reviewed this film at the time or not. But I do remember thinking it was supremely ironic that the Looney Tunes characters were all being taken prisoner by some greedy idiot to keep him and his kind entertained for profits, or something like that. I mean, that was basically what the makers of the film were doing to these characters in real life.

I have 90's little kid nostalgia for space jam. I remember that was when I first found out what product placement meant.

Ryan Coogler To Produce ‘Space Jam 2’; Terence Nance To Direct LeBron James
On social media today, LeBron James on his Spring Hill Entertainment handle announced that Black Panther filmmaker Ryan Coogler will produce the long-awaited Warner Bros. sequel Space Jam 2 with Terence Nance directing. Nance created HBO’s Random Acts of Flyness and directed the pic The Oversimplification of Her Beauty.
Production will start next year during the NBA offseason. . . .
Deadline.com, September 19