Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

MaddAdam - HBO & Aronofsky take on Margaret Atwood...

Whoa.

HBO has put in development drama series MaddAddam, executive produced by Oscar-nominated Black Swan helmer Darren Aronofsky through his Protozoa Pictures banner. The project, based on Margaret Atwood’s booktrilogy Oryx and Crake(2003), Year of the Flood(2009), and MaddAddam (2013), is being developed as a potential directing vehicle for Aronofsky. MaddAddam marks the first project to come out of the three-year first-look deal the filmmaker and his Protozoa Pictures inked with HBO in January.

Tyler   

I read Oryx & Crake around when it was published, and I remember liking it, though I can't recall much of what happens. I didn't even know about the sequels.

Darren Aronofsky’s MaddAddam Is ‘All Written,’ But Not Moving Forward at HBO
At a New York Film Festival event last week, Aronofsky told Vulture the series “is all written. We are working hard on it, and trying to figure it out.” He said, “We are still in play.”
Eliza Clark, a Yale-trained playwright and sister-in-law to Joss Whedon, penned the series. “We just went with the best writer,” Aronofsky said. “Her work is amazing. It was interesting to see how her brain worked and processed to bring it all into a cohesive universe. Figuring out how to focus it into a ten-episode series was really challenging. It is such a massive, amazing piece, and we are just trying to find the right home.”

Vulture.com, October 18