Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter T Chattaway

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

9 posts in this topic

Links to our threads on Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), The Avengers (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013), Thor: The Dark World (2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Ant-Man (2015), Captain America: Civil War (2016), Doctor Strange (2016), Thor: Ragnarok (2017), Black Panther (2017), Avengers: Infinity War Part I (2018), Captain Marvel (2018), Inhumans (2018) and Avengers: Infinity War Part II (2019).

Coming July 28, 2017.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

Now coming May 5, 2017. The film's previous release date of July 28, 2017 is now going to Thor 3.

James Gunn defends superhero movies:

I've made B-movies, independent films, children's movies, horror films, and gigantic spectacles. I find there are plenty of people everywhere making movies for a buck or to feed their own vanity. And then there are people who do what they do because they love story-telling, they love cinema, and they want to add back to the world some of the same magic they've taken from the works of others. In all honesty, I do no find a strikingly different percentage of those with integrity and those without working within any of these fields of film.

If you think people who make superhero movies are dumb, come out and say we're dumb. But if you, as an independent filmmaker or a "serious" filmmaker, think you put more love into your characters than the Russo Brothers do Captain America, or Joss Whedon does the Hulk, or I do a talking raccoon, you are simply mistaken.

So, James Gunn's tweet says the new film will be called Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (I guess to tie in with "Awesome Mix  Vol. 2").  Not sure if this is totally real, but if it is, you saw it here first... or maybe you didn't...

10 hours ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

I am very OK with this casting decision.