Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Christian Mingle (movie)

Shoot me now. 

My thoughts exactly . . . no, that's not quite accurate. My thoughts were more like "BARF."

(Spoken by someone who's -- reluctantly -- a member of Christian Mingle.)

You know, Corbin Bernsen had recently directed a little low budget film called Rust, which was actually suprisingly good, I mean especially considering that most of the actors where simply citizens of the little Sakatchewan town where they shot the film.  Rust dealt with it's spiritual themes in a worthy manner, so with that in mind I actually have hope that this film might be better than one would expect from the trailer.  If nothing else it looks fairly professional and the main actress is good enough.

Urk. She said "Paul and I" when she meant "Paul and me".

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

My review:

But the film that writer/director Corbin Bernsen name checks in his video introduction is Sleepless in Seattle. My philosophy is that you respect a film most, Christian or otherwise, by approaching it on its own terms. Based on that philosophy, Christian Mingle is first and foremost a Romantic Comedy and only secondarily a Christian film. Or that’s how it wants to be thought of. And as a RomCom, the film has some issues.