Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Overstreet

A&F Meet-up: Seattle, Saturday, August 25

6 posts in this topic

For the record, let it be known that, on Saturday, August 2325, after some very spontaneous, short-notice planning, Jeffrey Overstreet and Peter Chattaway reunited in-person for the first time in many years at Elysian Brewing in Seattle. Chattaway was in Seattle to speak at Doxacon, a sort of Orthodox Fantasy-Con event, while Overstreet had just emerged from a glorious screening of The Strange Little Cat, in the prestigious company of CT film editor Alissa Wilkinson, her husband Tom, and film-reviewing friend to A&F Lauren Wilford. Everyone had a good time, and a good time was had by all. And the table heartily recommends the Night Owl Pumpkin Ale, which, on tap at Elysian, is a very rich and satisfying dessert.

Edited by Overstreet

This is gloriously happy news, but what did Peter drink?

Peter is a man who can face temptation and abstain without flinching.

For the record, let it be known that, on Saturday, August 25, after some very spontaneous, short-notice planning, Jeffrey Overstreet and Peter Chattaway reunited in-person for the first time in many years at Elysian Brewing in Seattle.

It's taken you 2 years to post this? That place must serve some strong beers.  biggrin.png

Edited by John Drew

Nathaniel wrote:
: This is gloriously happy news, but what did Peter drink?

There was a glass of water when I got there, but I never ordered anything, partly because I didn't get there until something like *an hour* after everyone else did, and I didn't know how much time would be left.

(Why was I so late? Because I turned off the highway one or two exits too early -- or was it too late? -- and threw my phone's GPS navigator into a coma from which it had no chance of recovering until I had wandered around Seattle long enough to find a Starbucks. The Starbucks was closed, of course, but its wi-fi wasn't. And so I was able to plot a new course that I could then follow to the pub. Side note: I did pull off the road by a gas station and ask the clerk inside to point out where I was on a map, and he had no idea. And now that I've looked at a map and traced the path I took... grrrr...)

I have to say, it was great to meet everyone. I hadn't seen Jeff in years, and I had never met Tom or Alissa or Lauren in person *at all*. So getting to meet those people, too, was a bonus. Would have loved to have had more time to spend with them. (Next time I'll follow my GPS navigator more closely.)

Correction: August 23. But we had so much fun, it feels like it's still happening today, the 25th.