Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Downsizing

Deadline:

EXCLUSIVE: Matt Damon will star in Downsizing, the next film from Alexander Payne. I’m told that Damon will take on this film, which is set at 2oth Century Fox, and that it knocks him out of the China-set Legendary Pictures epic The Great Wall, which will be helmed by Zhang Yimou. Downsizing was scripted by Payne with Jim Taylor, with whom Payne shared the adapted screenplay Oscar for Sideways. They are partners in Ad Hominem Enterprises, and their scripting collaborations also include About Schmidt.

Details on this project aren’t plentiful, but here’s a logline: Pic is a social satire in which a guy realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself.

On 11/6/2014 at 10:26 PM, Overstreet said:

Deadline

EXCLUSIVE
: Matt Damon will star in Downsizing, the next film from Alexander Payne. I’m told that Damon will take on this film, which is set at 2oth Century Fox, and that it knocks him out of the China-set Legendary Pictures epic The Great Wall, which will be helmed by Zhang Yimou. 

Nearly 3 years later, and Damon was able to fit in both THE GREAT WALL, and SUBURBICON to his schedule.  At least this one looks like something I'd go see, whereas those other two.....

edit:  A brilliant casting director would have brought in Rob Brydon as the tiny professor in the box.

Edited by John Drew