Sign in to follow this  
winter shaker

Redwall - The Warrior Reborn

So a group known as Soma Games has acquired the rights to produce a Redwall game. They've made a slick video about the project (in the video they say Harry Potter had only sold 7 million books before it was picked up as a movie but Redwall has sold 30 million books, albeit with a much larger series in terms of books). Soma Games have already made quite a number of apps. 

http://www.somagames.com/redwall/pitch/

I don't know how it will turn out. I'm very nostalgic about Redwall. I read Salamandastron in grade 6 and my early Internet socialization was on Redwall forums and sites like Terrouge, TSOR and Rougemur. But I feel trepidation for this as well because the Redwall Online Community has vanished since its heyday in the early 2000s. In terms of comparing Redwall to Harry Potter, I don't think Redwall has quite the staying power. At the same time, a video game might revive interest in the series (as might a movie - I recall hearing Spielberg approached Brian Jacques years ago about adapting Redwall to the silver screen but I'm not sure how reliable that rumour is).