Beyblade

Peter T Chattaway

Links to our threads on the Hasbro movies Transformers (2007-2016), G.I. Joe (2009-2013), Battleship (2012) and Ouija (2014), as well as in-development films based on Candy Land, Clue, Dungeons & Dragons, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Jem and the Holograms, Micronauts, Missile Command, Monopoly, My Little Pony, Play-Doh, Risk and Stretch Armstrong. To say nothing of the Mr Potato Heads and other real-life toys that appear in the Toy Story movies.

- - -

Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live-Action Feature

EXCLUSIVE: After turning the Hasbro toys Transformers and G.I. Joe into hit feature franchises, Paramount Pictures will try again with Beyblade. The studio has acquired rights to turn Beyblade into a live-action feature that will be produced by Mary Parent through her Disruption Entertainment banner. Beyblade is a line of customizable toys modeled after traditional Japanese fighting tops, developed and manufactured by Takaratomy, the creator of Transformers. The toys have been perennial strong sellers around the world and previously spawned multiple TV series, animated features and video games in markets around the world. The toys have generated $2.5 billion in revenue. . . .

Deadline.com, May 27

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

I recall a summer I spent playing "ghetto Beyblade" - plastic spin tops from the dollar store duking it out in a stainless steel kitchen bowl.

He finds no mercy

And he's lost in the crowd

With an armoured heart of metal

He finds he's running out of odd-numbered daisies

From which to pull the petals