Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Peter Pan (live action Disney version)

Links to our film-related threads on Peter Pan (2003), Finding Neverland (2004), Neverland (2011), Pan (2015), Peter Pan Begins (in development), Peter and the Starcatchers (in development), Pan (in development) and Tink (in development).

Links to our other Disney-live-action-films-based-on-animated-films threads on Enchanted (2007), Alice in Wonderland (2010), The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010), Maleficent (2014), Cinderella (2015), The Jungle Book (2016), Alice through the Looking Glass (2016), Pete's Dragon (2016), Beauty and the Beast (2017), Christopher Robin (2018), Dumbo (2019), Aladdin (2019), The Lion King (2019), Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019), Lady and the Tramp (2019), Mulan (2020), Cruella (2021), Aladdin 2 (in development), The Chronicles of Prydain (in development), Enchanted 2 (in development), Genies (in development), The Jungle Book 2 (in development), Lilo & Stitch (in development), The Little Mermaid (in development), Night on Bald Mountain (in development), Pinocchio (in development), Prince Charming (in development) and The Sword in the Stone (in development). We don't seem to have any threads on 101 Dalmatians (1996) or 102 Dalmatians (2000). Has Disney made any *other* live-action films based on their cartoons?

- - -

Disney Sets ‘Pete’s Dragon’ Helmer David Lowery For New Live Action Peter Pan Film
EXCLUSIVE: Disney will make its own live-action Peter Pan film, and has set David Lowery to direct a script that he will write with Toby Halbrooks. They teamed to write and Lowery directed Pete’s Dragon, a new version of Disney’s 1977 live action/animated musical. It will be the second effort in the family film space for Lowery, who was best known for writing and directing the edgy indie Ain’t Them Bodies Saints. . . .
Deadline.com, April 13

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Disney’s Live-Action ‘Peter Pan’ Movie Finds Its Wendy and Peter (EXCLUSIVE)
Newcomer Ever Anderson will play Wendy while Alexander Molony will play Peter Pan in Disney’s live-action Peter Pan pic “Peter Pan & Wendy,” sources tell Variety. . . .
Though there were rumors of the film ending up on Disney Plus, like the “Lady and the Tramp” live-action adaptation, sources say the release is expected to be theatrical. . . .
Anderson is having herself a nice moment as she is also set to play the younger version of Scarlett Johansson in Marvel’s “Black Widow.” Her only credit up until now was in “Resident Evil: Final Chapter,” where she played a younger version of her real-life mother, Milla Jovovich. She is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment. . . .
Variety, March 10

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.