Sign in to follow this  
Justin Hanvey

An Apology

Hi all, I'm sure you've noticed me poking my head back in here a bit.

I wanted to say I am sorry for the actions several months ago, where during a forum debate I got angry with the overall consensus about a movie, and unfriended every member of Arts and Faith I'd friended on Facebook. I overreacted and I shouldn't have. If you still use facebook and wish to re-friend me and haven't already gotten a friend request, then I would love to reconnect with you. I am sorry for letting emotion get the best of me there, and not being able to agree to disagree and still remain friends. I know I'm pretty passionate about my stances, but that doesn't justify othering people here.

God Bless,
Justin

Russ   

Sorry--it's been a while since I logged on.  I'm not part of the A&F facebook group, so I don't think we were friends on that site and I don't remember seeing what disagreement you're referencing.  It's certainly a cool thing to always patch up disagreements when possible-- I don't think I did enough to reach out to Alan, for example, before he left the site.  So, while I hope I'm not marginalizing the good intent underlying your post, my jerk nature compels me to ask which movie you're talking about. :) 

Gosh I can't even remember, it was a discussion about female roles in a specific movie or feminism or something like that, and I felt that the movie was misogynistic and most of the men on this site didn't and I got angry about that. People will tell you I'm kind of an SJW, and I'm cool with being that for the most part, except sometimes I overreact and this was one of those times.

I honestly don't remember that conversation either, but I hope I wasn't hostile or disrespectful, Justin. 

Attica   

I don't remember any such conversation either, and I suspect i wasn't involved in it.  If I was I also hope I didn't act inappropriately.  Anyhow, Justin, thanks for your apology and all is cool with me.

Edited by Attica

NBooth   

I remember. Out of a desire not to dredge it up again, I won't link. :) . Tempers ran high, but as far as I'm concerned it's a lot of water under the bridge. 

Thanks y'all if there was any disrespect or hostility its forgiven. And thanks for not linking, I'd like to keep it in the past too lol. 

Evan C   

I'm glad you're back too, Justin. And I'm happy to have you among my facebook friends again. And I can't remember the conversation or the film in question, which makes me doubt I was involved. However, if I was, and if I was disrespectful, I apologize.

Edited by Evan C

Members of A&F, past or present, who *haven't* been refusing to speak to me at one time or another....

ummmm....well.....

Welcome back, Justin.