Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NBooth

Fences

7 posts in this topic

I can't find a thread on this.

Washington is here reprising a role he played onstage, so we can get a feel for how his performance will go based on clips on YouTube:

Based on what I've seen--which isn't the whole play--I'm not really that much of a fan of Washington's interpretation of the character. Then again, he's up against James Earl Jones:

Link to our thread "August Wilson dies."

Edited by NBooth

Now I'm suddenly wondering if Denzel Washington and James Earl Jones have ever been in a movie together.

...and the answer seems to be No. Searching for Washington-Jones collaborations at the IMDb turns up just four TV specials (awards shows, tributes to Sidney Poitier and Muhammad Ali, that kind of thing -- nothing that would necessarily involve "acting").

19 minutes ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

Now I'm suddenly wondering if Denzel Washington and James Earl Jones have ever been in a movie together.

...and the answer seems to be No. Searching for Washington-Jones collaborations at the IMDb turns up just four TV specials (awards shows, tributes to Sidney Poitier and Muhammad Ali, that kind of thing -- nothing that would necessarily involve "acting").

Perhaps more importantly, Denzel Washington has never appeared in a film with Kevin Bacon. 

kenmorefield wrote:
: Perhaps more importantly, Denzel Washington has never appeared in a film with Kevin Bacon. 

Indeed they have not. But Denzel co-starred with Julia Roberts in The Pelican Brief, and Julia Roberts co-starred with Kevin Bacon in Flatliners, so Denzel's close. Very close.

Apparently Viola Davis co-starred with Kevin Bacon in a "4-D" short film called Beyond All Boundaries (2009).