Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chirchri

About Korean drama

5 posts in this topic

I watch kdrama a lot. I'm just curious whether the real korean life would be the same as shown in the drama. Would you please explain it in detail for some different situations in the real life?

2 hours ago, chirchri said:

I watch kdrama a lot. I'm just curious whether the real korean life would be the same as shown in the drama. Would you please explain it in detail for some different situations in the real life?

Which dramas are you watching? I've not seen any k-drama at all, but I've watched a small amount of Taiwanese drama, and I can't imagine the stuff I've seen is very close to real life (well, Crystal Boys, perhaps, but it's pretty prestige compared to something like Fall in Love with Me).

[Incidentally, I was at a conference just last year where a paper was presented arguing that the popularity of k-drama is increasing American interest in Korean culture, and when I asked a similar question the answer I got was...vague and unsatisfactory]

Completely uninformed speculation, but I'll venture that k-drama bears about the same relationship to real daily life in Korea as telenovelas do to real daily life in hispanic countries.

On ‎2017‎年‎5‎月‎26‎日 at 6:14 PM, NBooth said:

Which dramas are you watching? I've not seen any k-drama at all, but I've watched a small amount of Taiwanese drama, and I can't imagine the stuff I've seen is very close to real life (well, Crystal Boys, perhaps, but it's pretty prestige compared to something like Fall in Love with Me).

[Incidentally, I was at a conference just last year where a paper was presented arguing that the popularity of k-drama is increasing American interest in Korean culture, and when I asked a similar question the answer I got was...vague and unsatisfactory]

I am watching Innocent Defendant. Basically ,Kdrama are consumed by women. These are modern day fairy tales.

And Taiwanese drama is more close to real life . it's also a common accepted reason. 

On ‎2017‎年‎5‎月‎27‎日 at 0:41 AM, BethR said:

Completely uninformed speculation, but I'll venture that k-drama bears about the same relationship to real daily life in Korea as telenovelas do to real daily life in hispanic countries.

I admit, as a guy, I sometimes enjoy watching these shows