Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter T Chattaway

Once Upon a Time in Jerusalem

1 post in this topic

Cannes: Films Boutique Blesses Bible-Based Zombie Movie ‘Once Upon a Time’ (EXCLUSIVE)
Berlin-based Films Boutique has acquired international rights to the Bible-inspired “Once Upon a Time in Jerusalem,” the debut of Spaniards David Muñoz and Adrián Cardona. ”Jerusalem” marks a spin-off from Cardona and Muñoz’ multi-laureled “Fist of Jesus.” . . .
The movie follows the adventures of Jesus and Judas in a world inhabited by zombies, demons, cowboys, Roman soldiers, mutants, post-apocalyptic punks and all kind of critters.
After failing to resurrect Lazarus from the dead, a young Jesus accidentally creates a zombie apocalypse, which Jesus and Judas battle, recruiting 11 mercenaries.
‘Jerusalem’ is one of the craziest and funniest projects we ever read. Revisiting the story of Jesus, the film clearly shows cult potential and will please fans of both early Peter Jackson and Monty Python films,” said Films Boutique CEO Jean-Christophe Simon. . . .
Variety, May 20

- - -

This is the original short film, Fist of Jesus (warning: lots and lots of blood and gore, and possibly other stuff that I didn't see because I didn't think I could watch more than a few minutes of this in the restaurant that I am currently sitting in):