Greg Wolfe

The Image Film Issue -- Help with PR

Hey, A&F Friends:

As you probably know, I'm just not able to be a frequent presence here on the forums, but Image has just produced what I humbly believe to be a pretty great issue devoted to film and guest edited by Scott Teems and Gareth Higgins.

Contributors include David Lowery, James Ponsoldt, Debra Granik, Mira Nair, Rodrigo Garcia, Scott Derrickson, and many more.

My immediate desire is to see that the world learns about the goodness of this issue.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get the world out (without incurring any financial expense? :)).

Any critics, reviewers, bloggers, and such who might be willing to mention it?

We'll send a free copy to anyone who legitimately MIGHT mention it somewhere, either in a post or tweet or what-have-you.

Thoughts?

Gratefully,

Greg

Anyone? Friends, issues of Image like this don't come around that often. The window of opportunity for maximum impact is very brief.

It would be great if you-all could blog and tweet about it.

Heck, I'll even send you a free copy if you don't subscribe, with no strings attached.

Yours in hope,

Greg

I'll write about it on my blog and I'll share the podcasts there. I've already promoted the podcast on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. You might write to Tracy in UC at SPU, Greg, and format it as a Fac/Staff Bulletin announcement. If you write it up as a significant publication of an SPU faculty member, you could also mention in the blurb that the issue features Alissa Wilkinson (a grad of SPU's MFA program), Scott Cairns (director of SPU's MFA program), and any other SPU connections you find in there. 

You might also pitch it to Tracy as something to feature on the SPU home page.

Anders   

I posted on Instagram when I received it in the mail. I've engaged with my writer friends about it. If I think of an appropriate venue to review it, I'll let you know. Keep up the good work!

Brian D   

I'm not connected enough on social media to get the word out widely, but I will think of ways to get this to friends.  I am excited about this issue!

Brian D   

What nice timing....I had just purchased my very first Image journal within the past hour and was drawn to the To the Wonder essay.  Issue 93 is already spinning my brain like a basketball on a finger.  I am loving the ride. :)