Joel Mayward

2017 Arts & Faith Ecumenical Jury Nominations and Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, kenmorefield said:

Assuming I may not have time to watch every nominee I haven't seen, in what order should I prioritize: Brigsby Bear, Columbus, Logan Lucky, and Son of Joseph?

Columbus and The Son of Joseph are both in my Top 10 of 2017 at #5 and #7, respectively. I haven't seen Brigsby Bear, and Logan Lucky honestly surprises me as being a nominee for this list.

Evan C   
12 hours ago, kenmorefield said:

Wish you had let me know you wanted to see the Breadwinner -- GKIDS was being very liberal with screener requests. 

Huh. I emailed them twice and never heard back. If it's not too late, I'd still be happy to see it, if you have a connection.

On 12/23/2017 at 1:36 PM, kenmorefield said:

Doubt it has enough time to generate traction, but I'll nominate Breathe, which deals with quality of life arguments and marriage in ways that I think are appropriate for this list. 

I'm noticing this far, *far* too late to make any difference to the votes now, but for what it's worth, I didn't care for this film's dim depiction of religion, nor, for admittedly personal reasons, did I care for its basically positive depiction of euthanasia.