The Post
The Shape of Water

Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy)
Baby Driver
Get Out
I, Tonya
Lady Bird
Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

It is extremely rare for a film to win the Best Picture Oscar without at least an Oscar nomination for Film Editing. And in the nearly 20 years that the ACE Eddie Awards have existed... well, Wikipedia only has the list of nominees for the past few years, but in that time, Spotlight (2016) won Best Picture without being nominated for an Eddie. So I don't know how useful this award is for prognostication purposes.

The winner will be announced January 26.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• 3 weeks later...

And the nominees are...

• Baby Driver
  • Dunkirk
  • I, Tonya
  • The Shape of Water
  • Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

So, two of the "Dramatic" and three of the "Comedy" guild nominees.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, Peter T Chattaway said:

The ACE Eddie Award nominations:

Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic)
Blade Runner 2049
Dunkirk
Molly's Game
The Post
The Shape of Water

Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy)
Baby Driver
Get Out
I, Tonya
Lady Bird
Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

It is extremely rare for a film to win the Best Picture Oscar without at least an Oscar nomination for Film Editing. And in the nearly 20 years that the ACE Eddie Awards have existed... well, Wikipedia only has the list of nominees for the past few years, but in that time, Spotlight (2016) won Best Picture without being nominated for an Eddie. So I don't know how useful this award is for prognostication purposes.

The winner will be announced January 26.

And the winners are... Dunkirk and I, Tonya, both of which were nominated for the Oscar.