Sign in to follow this  
kenmorefield

Should Threads in Short Term Parking be Deleted?

Should I Delete Threads From the Short Term Parking Forum?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Short Term Park Forum has always stated that content would be deleted after "10 days or so," but this has not been the case. Should it be? 

I voted for Option #3, but I would caveat that by saying that it's not so much whether "we" want to keep those threads as whether the people who created them would be okay with keeping those threads (e.g. because the threads grew into something that they didn't anticipate, but they were okay with it once it had happened).

1 hour ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

I voted for Option #3, but I would caveat that by saying that it's not so much whether "we" want to keep those threads as whether the people who created them would be okay with keeping those threads (e.g. because the threads grew into something that they didn't anticipate, but they were okay with it once it had happened).

Peter, that distinction is meaningful for me as well. As  a follow up question, should that be the decision of the person who created the thread only? Or would/should the people who participated in the thread have some say, even if they did not create it? I could see, some threads (Andrew's "Civility" thread comes to mind) where some of the people who participate are still here, others are not, and one or more participants has different feelings. 

On the other hand, people with active accounts still have the option of deleting individual content/contributions were something moved to a permanent thread if they posted with an expectation that it would be temporary. 

I voted #3 with the same reasoning as Peter, and with a particular request: the "Congratulations, Joel" thread can be moved into the "About You" section, and perhaps retitled as "All Things Joel" in the tradition of Ken's "All Things Ken" thread.