Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

2018 Arts & Faith Ecumenical Jury: Screeners?

I'm happy to see that, of the 61 films that got nominated, I have already seen 46 -- and there are another 4 that I can see on Netflix, Amazon or via screeners that I just haven't gotten around to watching yet.

That means that there are 11 films I don't currently know how to see. Does anyone know of any screeners etc.?

• Blindspotting *
  • Chosen: Custody of the Eyes
  • The Guardians
  • Hale County This Morning, This Evening
  • I Am Not a Witch
  • Jeannette: The Childhood of Joan of Arc
  • Lean on Pete *
  • Monrovia, Indiana
  • Puzzle *
  • The Third Murder
  • Zama

Granted, the three films with asterisks *are* on Google Play, so I could rent those ones for five bucks a pop. But if there's a way to avoid doing that, I would prefer that. And that would still leave eight films that I currently have no way to see that I know of.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

6 minutes ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

Chosen: Custody of the Eyes

Just emailed you a screener link for this. Let me know if it doesn't work!

I watched JEANNETTE a couple weeks ago on Amazon Prime in the U.S. Don't know about Canada.

Edited by Christian

1 hour ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

I'm happy to see that, of the 61 films that got nominated, I have already seen 46 -- and there are another 4 that I can see on Netflix, Amazon or via screeners that I just haven't gotten around to watching yet.

That means that there are 11 films I don't currently know how to see. Does anyone know of any screeners etc.?

• Hale County This Morning, This Evening
  • I Am Not a Witch
  • Monrovia, Indiana
  • The Third Murder
  • Zama

I have publicist or contact info for these five films. I can send them to you, or, if you prefer, you can tell me which e-mail you want to use and I'll forward it to publicist. 

Joel Mayward wrote:
: Just emailed you a screener link for this.

Thanks!

Christian wrote:
: I watched JEANNETTE a couple weeks ago oin Amazon Prime in the U.S. Don't know about Canada.

Alas, no. I looked for all eight titles on Netflix and Prime before posting.

kenmorefield wrote:
: I have publicist or contact info for these five films. I can send them to you, or, if you prefer, you can tell me which e-mail you want to use and I'll forward it to publicist. 

Thanks, that'd be great. Do you anticipate other A&F members will be looking for screeners for these films? It might make more sense if you opened that channel with the publicists, perhaps sent them multiple A&F contacts at a time... or each of us could contact the publicists individually, citing A&F as the reason for our doing so. I'm fine with whatever method makes sense to you.

8 hours ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

wrote:
: I have publicist or contact info for these five films. I can send them to you, or, if you prefer, you can tell me which e-mail you want to use and I'll forward it to publicist. 

Thanks, that'd be great. Do you anticipate other A&F members will be looking for screeners for these films? It might make more sense if you opened that channel with the publicists, perhaps sent them multiple A&F contacts at a time... or each of us could contact the publicists individually, citing A&F as the reason for our doing so. I'm fine with whatever method makes sense to you.

I sent you contact info.  We had one year where someone coordinated screener requests, but it ended up being that majority of people had access, so it usually ends up with one or two people wanting particular titles. Pushing deadline, I'd rather not delay to collect everyone's e-mail address. 

21 hours ago, kenmorefield said:

I sent you contact info.  We had one year where someone coordinated screener requests, but it ended up being that majority of people had access, so it usually ends up with one or two people wanting particular titles. Pushing deadline, I'd rather not delay to collect everyone's e-mail address. 

Ken, could you send me the publicists' contact info or forward them my email for Hale County This Morning, This Evening and I Am Not a Witch? I've seen the other three you mentioned.

Also, if anyone has publicists' contact info for What They Had, Minding the Gap, Shoplifters, and Searching, I will happily take them as well.

For those who haven't voted yet, a publicist should be emailing you a screening link for Hale County This Morning, This Evening.

Thanks to the screeners I've received over the last few days, there are now only six nominees that I haven't seen yet -- the three that are on Google Play, and three others that are all apparently available on Amazon Prime in the US but not in Canada. If time permitted, I would seriously consider heading down to the States to sit at an internet cafe for a few hours just to stream those last three films... (I did get contact info for the publicists for two of those films, but haven't heard back from them yet.)