Sign in to follow this  
Aren Bergstrom

A Consecrated Life - Short Film

Hey all,

Right after I got out of film school, I used some of my award money to fund this short film about a young woman announcing to her family that she's going to become a nun. It's not a perfect film by any means, but it was personal and it was a way to communicate some conversations about faith to people around me who seemed completely oblivious to the idea of spiritual struggle. Sadly, it didn't gain much traction at film festivals, as it was both too skeptical for faith-based festivals, and too religious for mainstream festivals. Strangely, it seems that after First Reformed came out, festival folks finally became receptive to it and it gained a bit of traction.

It's been selected as part of the NSI Online Short Film Festival and Anders mentioned that I should share it here as it might speak to you all more than most online viewers: https://www.nsi-canada.ca/2019/02/a-consecrated-life/?fbclid=IwAR2ck7ZDrWITV8ZrtoI0AhGjkotid3zUDHT114izCEY5Cazkbfi9czYLMmo

Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions about it. You can critique it as well, but seeing as it's completed, it's not like I can accommodate any suggested edits. haha Thanks.