Sign in to follow this  
kenmorefield

Help Request

Hi everyone.

As we get closer to closing nominations and moving on to the voting stage, I'd like some assistance and some feedback. Specifically:

1) I have seen some A&F pages for Top 100 or Top 25 results, but the /t100 page is not loading. I don't know if this is obsolete, was deleted by a previous admin, or got lost with one of the numerous software updates. If someone with more patience than I could go through the various Top 25 and Top 100 forums and see which, if any, still have separate *pages* with the results listed, that would save me a lot of grief and time. Also, if you could/would note what the urls are for those pages, I will arrange to put them in a prominent, pinned thread on each forum.

2) That raises the question of how we want to print our list in the short term. Is a forum with the list sufficient? Do we want/need a separate page? If so, does anyone have expertise in creating separate *pages* (not threads) that would have them? Given the way A&F sorts, I don't want these to just be lost, but I also am reluctant to start making changes to the forum structures that can complicate software upgrades. The Top 25 might be small enough for a separate thread where each write up is in a different post, but I suspect people may want something more than that. Thoughts?

There's this version of the 2011 top 100, which was moved over to Image: https://imagejournal.org/top-100-films/

And if you want the old page, this is the correct link: https://artsandfaith.com/t100/2011/t100/

I would personally vote for a separate page with blurbs for the list, but that will mean more work for someone. It seems like the list will be harder to find as a forum and thread with write-ups, but if everyone else thinks that would be best right now, I'd be okay with it.

Edited by Evan C

"Anyway, in general I love tragic artists, especially classical ones."

"Even the forms for expressing truth can be multiform, and this is indeed necessary for the transmission of the Gospel in its timeless meaning."

- Pope Francis, August 2013 interview with Antonio Spadaro

On 3/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, Evan C said:

There's this version of the 2011 top 100, which was moved over to Image: https://imagejournal.org/top-100-films/

And if you want the old page, this is the correct link: https://artsandfaith.com/t100/2011/t100/

I would personally vote for a separate page with blurbs for the list, but that will mean more work for someone. It seems like the list will be harder to find as a forum and thread with write-ups, but if everyone else thinks that would be best right now, I'd be okay with it.

I'll go out on a limb and conjecture that this page was probably made outside of Invision's forum software and then FTP'ed or otherwise directly uploaded to the web host. It is copyrighted at the bottom for what that's worth, and it still has links to Image and Image branding, so I don't think I can simply use the previous page as a shell and put in new material. But if we wanted to have a separate page for the results and blurbs, we might be able to do a simplified page (or pages) that are uploaded to the server. As Evan says, that's a fair amount of work, though. (It looks like there are also separate pages for each blurb and film on the Top 100.)

I am open to other suggestions.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:24 PM, kenmorefield said:

But if we wanted to have a separate page for the results and blurbs, we might be able to do a simplified page (or pages) that are uploaded to the server.

If the previous format of a Top 100 page with linkable pages for each individual film-and-blurb isn't doable due to the time/energy it would take to create, a simple countdown of sorts in 4-5 clickable separate pages (20-25 films per page) could work too, similar to the way Image currently has the Top 100 on their site.