Sign in to follow this  
BethR

Nancy Drew (new CW series)

Recently some comments in a film thread on The Kid Who Would Be King compared it with a new Nancy Drew movie that's currently available only via streaming services. One comment wished for a series based on that film, which I would like, too. But what we're going to get is a CW series more in the vein of Riverdale. The preview doesn't look quite as "dark and gritty" as Riverdale, but does look an awful lot like Veronica Mars (which is getting a reboot on Hulu, with many of the original cast. That's another thread.)

The Riverdale vibe is strong with this one. Which, I mean, I’m one of the pro-Riverdale faction, so more neon-tinted trash is exactly what the doctor ordered.  Still, one could wish that they had gone for something a bit more unique. 

Ugh.  We'll pass.  The recent movie's actually on DVD, Beth.  My nine year-old Daisy bought it with some birthday money and has watched it about seven or eight times (by her count), including two days ago.  It doesn't really warrant that level of devotion, but there is something about the movie that's so non-Riverdale that I find it charming.

Weird that they recast all of the parts for this show.  As if there aren't enough of the Riverdale-type shows out there for everybody who isn't, you know, nine like the actual f-ing audience of the source material.

Never been happier that we unplugged our cable, so Daise can pretty much never have to know that this show was made.