Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Oscars 2020: Best Animated Short

Who WILL win?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The short list:

• Dcera (Daughter)
  • Hair Love
  • He Can’t Live without Cosmos
  • Hors Piste
  • Kitbull
  • Memorable
  • Mind My Mind
  • The Physics of Sorrow
  • Sister
  • Uncle Thomas: Accounting for the Days

Which reminds me, I forgot to mention the films that are nominated for the Annie award in this category:

• Acid Rain
  • Don't Know What
  • je sors acheter des cigarettes
  • Purpleboy

So Uncle Thomas appears to be the only film that made both lists.

The Oscar nominees will be announced January 13. The Annie winner will be announced January 25.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

In a few cases (Hair LoveHors PisteKitbullSister, Uncle Thomas), the full short is currently online:

For most of the rest, there are trailers (though I have not yet been able to find one for Memorable):

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Vote!

And note: there is no overlap with the Annie nominees.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:22 PM, Peter T Chattaway said:

. . . I forgot to mention the films that are nominated for the Annie award in this category:

• Acid Rain
  • Don't Know What
  • je sors acheter des cigarettes
  • Purpleboy

. . . The Annie winner will be announced January 25.

And the winner is... Uncle Thomas: Accounting for the Days, which is *not* nominated for the Oscar. (But then, *none* of the Annie nominees in this category were nominated for the Oscar.)