Sign in to follow this  
kenmorefield

Mean Girls

Saw the touring production tonight and it was...alright. Lot of good dancing and high energy production numbers, though I would have liked a little more ebb and flow. I realized in looking back on our thread on the movie, that I probably agree on some levels with Jeff's assertions that the tonal shifts within the movie make it hard to fully embrace it despite some good moments. I'm not really enough of a trained musician to comment on the music (paging Evan Cogswell...) The person I was with said the leads all had great voices, which I guess is a given. That said, School of Rock is still the last Broadway show I saw that made me go out and buy the album. Want to watch the movie some time this week and see how it has aged. 

Just seeing this now. I listened to the soundtrack when it first came out, and I was seriously underwhelmed, so I haven't really given the show much thought since.

"Anyway, in general I love tragic artists, especially classical ones."

"Even the forms for expressing truth can be multiform, and this is indeed necessary for the transmission of the Gospel in its timeless meaning."

- Pope Francis, August 2013 interview with Antonio Spadaro