Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opus

Seattle Folks...

8 posts in this topic

Not sure where to post this, but this seemed as good a place as any.

Anyhoo... the lady friend and I are heading up to Seattle over Labor Day weekend (and then I'm off to Toronto for the film festival). We're staying with some friends of hers, and she's been to Seattle numerous times, so she has a good idea of what to see, etc. However, I thought I'd ask folks here if there's anything notable (film screenings, concerts, etc.) going on around that time. I know the Bumbershoot Festival takes place that weekend, so we might try to hit a few things there. But are there any other suggestions?

It's my first time up to the northwest, and I'm pretty excited. Seattle is one place everyone tells me I have to visit, so it better live up to the hype. wink.gif

Edited by opus

My wife and I will be headed to Bellingham Oct. 24-30 to visit friends. I'm sure there will be some time in Seattle in there. Maybe a trip to Vancouver. Who knows?

Darrel- Have you been to Bellingham before? It's a great town. It's also where I live. If you have time maybe we can grab a coffee or a brew, both of which are in great supply.

For the record, as of last Monday, Opus and his wife Renee and I are face-to-face acquaintances and friends!

I met Mr. and Mrs. Morehead at Peet's Coffee in the Fremont neighborhood, and we had about a half hour to chat before I had to run back to work. It was far too short a visit, but still... a meeting long overdue.

So, Opus, did you find anything worthwhile at Sonic Boom Records?

Darrel, I do hope we can meet up during your visit.

Edited by Jeffrey Overstreet

So, Opus, did you find anything worthwhile at Sonic Boom Records?

I picked up a couple of things, and probably would've picked up even more if we'd had more time (and space in our luggage, which was taken up by all of the books we got).

And yes, it was too short. Next time, eh... :)

Whenever anyone's in Seattle, please let me know via PM or email. I've got a pretty full schedule of screenings that I could always use company for!! (Yes, that even includes you, Darrel!)

Wow, so many Seattle folks! I live up here too, and I've only ever met one of you. Weird. We'll have to remedy that someday.

Remind me to poke this thread when I head Seattle way again, not much going on over here on the Desert Side.