Did anyone make a copy or have access to a page with the 2004, 2005, 2006, or 2009 Top 100 lists? Discussions were all archived but the initial posts in many threads, including the list of results, were deleted by previous admin. They could probably be reconstructed from discussions that follow (I gather Rosetta was #1 in one of them) but it would be easier if Peter could do his "Way Back" magic or someone was aware of a different page where the results were posted. Once Image took over, the results all got a separate page, but I'm not sure if these early lists were just at the top of the RESULTS threads.

2 hours ago, kenmorefield said:

Did anyone make a copy or have access to a page with the 2004, 2005, 2006, or 2009 Top 100 lists? Discussions were all archived but the initial posts in many threads, including the list of results, were deleted by previous admin. They could probably be reconstructed from discussions that follow (I gather Rosetta was #1 in one of them) but it would be easier if Peter could do his "Way Back" magic or someone was aware of a different page where the results were posted. Once Image took over, the results all got a separate page, but I'm not sure if these early lists were just at the top of the RESULTS threads.

Found the 2004 list. https://web.archive.org/web/20050205014615/http://artsandfaith.com/t100/

Two films by M. Night Shyamalan

So the Way Back Machine shows a folder for 2006, but the results links to a page that shows the Image Top 100 results for 2011. If anyone has the results of 2006 or 2009, feel free to shoot me a link.

Someone named Tyler Williams listed the Top 20 from 2006: http://three-things.ca/?p=663

1. Ordet (The Word)
  2. Le Fils (The Son)
  3. The Miracle Maker (The Miracle Maker: The Story of Jesus)
  4. The Gospel According to Matthew (Il Vangelo Secondo Matteo)
  5. The Diary of a Country Priest (Le Journal D’un Curé De Campagne)
  6. The Passion of Joan of Arc (La Passion De Jeanne D’arc)
  7. The Decalogue (Dekalog)
  8. Babette’s Feast (Babettes Gæstebud)
  9. A Man Escaped (Un condamné à mort s’est échappé ou Le vent souffle où il veut)
  10. Andrei Rublev (Andrey Rublyov)
  11. Balthazar (Au Hasard Balthazar)
  12. The Seventh Seal (Det Sjunde Inseglet)
  13. Ikiru (To Live)
  14. Winter Light (Nattvardsgästerna)
  15. The Mission
  16. The Apostle
  17. Three Colors Trilogy
  18. Jesus of Nazareth
  19. Jesus of Montreal (Jésus De Montréal)
  20. The Flowers of St. Francis (Francesco, giullare di Dio)

1 hour ago, Rushmore said:

I've been maintaining a spreadsheet with all the previous lists here. If you click twice on the 2006 column header, for example, you'll see all the films from 100 to 1 at the top.

Thank you, that's incredibly helpful.  You definitely get a shout out in the list and book intros.