MetroFilmProduktion

Cinematic parables for a Godless age!

I’m a filmmaker currently living in Massachusetts. I have a Bachelor’s in Radio, TV and Film from South Dakota State University (2000) and attended New York Film Academy in the Summer of 1997.
I also spent five years in Hollywood after graduation working at the American Film Institute.

What I’m working on now are what I call cinematic parables. I’ve become something of a lay theologian these last few years and have been using film to explore/articulate some of my ideas. I use the term 'parable' loosely, as my shorts are probably more cryptic than the direct teachings of Christ. Though His words also held deeper, more mysterious meanings  beyond the surface narrative. And naturally He'd be a far superior film-maker if he ever chose to pick up a camera!

I use a very low-fi approach, shooting on film exclusively and employing the conventions of B-movies and Underground Cinema of the 60s and 70s to covey a Christian message. I'd like to think that my work is pioneering in that way, filtering the message of the gospels through the aesthetics of Lynch,  Herzog,  Alejandro Jodorowsky, and even the Universal Horror films of the early 20th Century.  

There are four shorts and a feature on my website. There are also production stills, some screenplays and reviews. If any of you are in the New England area and would be interested in working on upcoming projects, do let me know. I've been using my time in quarantine to finish up post-production on a new short, BERNADETTE, and prepping my second feature, SECRET MESSIAHS!, which will start shooting as soon as my production team is ready to come outside again.

So please take a look and I'd love to hear your feedback.

@MetroFilmProduk

Keep up the good work and God bless,

- James