Ron Reed

TWIN PEAKS

202 posts in this topic

A third season?

In a new issue of Sci-Fi Now magazine, Mark Frost, the co-creator, with David Lynch, of Twin Peaks, says that the return of the show, canceled after just two seasons, is “something we talk about from time to time… If we ever do decide to move forward,” he adds, “I know we have a rich trove to draw from.”

I know I want to visit the creamed corn planet.

Edited by Tyler

Mark Frost on Twitter.

So it looks like more hope than actuality....

This month at To Be (Cont'd), we've got Joel Bocko and Tony Dayoub doing a conversation on both Twin Peaks and Fire Walk with Me. Here's part one.

This month at To Be (Cont'd), we've got Joel Bocko and Tony Dayoub doing a conversation on both Twin Peaks and Fire Walk with Me. Here's part one.

I'm very keen to see how this develops. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is one of Lynch's most undervalued films (and it may be his best). Edited by Ryan H.

Twin Peaks is pretty much the scariest thing I've ever watched. I'm not sure why. I've seen most of the 'classic' horror movies, but there's something about Lynch's portrayal of evil (in most of his work) which just seems more deeply evil than any other kind. If Lynch told me he had met the devil I would probably believe him...

Twin Peaks is pretty much the scariest thing I've ever watched. I'm not sure why. I've seen most of the 'classic' horror movies, but there's something about Lynch's portrayal of evil (in most of his work) which just seems more deeply evil than any other kind. If Lynch told me he had met the devil I would probably believe him...

Truth! In fact, I talked up how "fun" Twin Peaks was to my wife based on my memories of watching it on ABC back in the day. But when she actually sat down to watch it with me on Netflix a couple years ago, well, she was seriously traumatized. We both were. It is deeply disturbing in places.

Edited by morgan1098

I've really enjoyed all the recent writing on this. Twin Peaks is most likely my favorite TV show of all time, from the pilot to Fire Walk With Me, and it's fun to revisit like this. I may need to go on a marathon very soon. (It has been a few years now.)

The Blu-Ray set.

If Leland Palmer were still around, he’d be dancing like a crazy person right now. There’s a new Twin Peaks box set coming out July 29, and it includes nearly 90 minutes of never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes from the prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

This is the footage that fans created a Facebook petition for back in 2011, and now they’ll get their wish, thanks to a box set that was personally supervised by Twin Peaks mastermind David Lynch.

There's also a video at the link.

Edited by NBooth

That's a must-have, for sure.

As someone who was too stingy to buy the Gold Box set, clinging to the second-hand season sets and the second-hand copy of FWWM--I'm totally going to get this.

EDIT: Aaand it's up for pre-order on Amazon. $95. Worth it.

Edited by NBooth

I have the Gold Box already, so I just wish there was a way to trade up.

WHY DID I BUY THE GOLD BOX.

I'm one of the writers featured in the conversation Andrew linked above, on Fire Walk with Me. I've followed up that discussion by designating June as "David Lynch Month" on my own blog: each Monday I publish an in-depth post on Lynch & his work, with much focus on Twin Peaks. You can check it out on my blog Lost In The Movies: http://thedancingimage.blogspot.com.

My latest posts are a video essay examining the evolution of Lynch's treatment of abuse and evil in his first 6 films & TV show, and (from last week) a round-up called "Gone Fishin'" which collects 125 excerpts from Twin Peaks commentary in order to examine how and why the show lost its popularity. As mentioned in the Fire Walk with Me conversation, I think it had a lot to do with Lynch's re-emphasis on what Laura Palmer actually went through, instead of just using her as an alluring hook into an entertaining world.

Each week I propose a question to readers, to get a discussion going, so check the pieces out and jump right in!

Edited by JoelBocko

My set just came in. I guess I know how I'm spending most of my evenings for a few weeks.