A Children's Bible - A Novel. By Lydia Millet

Anybody read this? My wife loved it and wanted to go through it again with me to give biblical insight, so we're in the midst of doing it for our after dinner readaloud.

Story of a group of teens (some younger) left to their own devices during a multi-family vacation. The parents are busy drinking all day. There is a lot of biblical imagery. Some from Genesis, some from Exodus. Some NT.

When we're done I'm going to have to go back and check some stuff to have a more complete picture.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Early searching for some of the biblical comparisons: The story involves a group of 12 teens (actually 10 teens and 2 younger) who make a journey to a "promised land".

2 younger kids not of the group are twins named Kay and Amy. Kay bashes Amy in the head with a rock (although Abel Amy doesn't die here)

On their exodus they are lead by a man who they discover in reeds in the water.

This isĀ an apocalyptic tale. It comes complete with famine and death and a rescue that comes from the heavens and consigns the evildoers to the fires.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin