Wow. I hadn’t even thought about posting here, as most of you have probably already seen my FB, but might as well post for anyone who wants to see. 

Last year I started playing around town (Grand Rapids, MI) with my two teens, Genesis and Elijah. We were mostly just playing covers in breweries. But there were a LOT of family and friends coming out to see us, and it was the most fun I’ve had playing live in years. 

We have wanted to kind of up the ante a little bit, so I wrote ten songs over the past year and got hold of musicians from previous bands I have been in and asked for their help. They were delighted, and this project has now become a joy in quite a few ways of reconnection. 

We are launching a Kickstarter at the beginning of 2021. Here is the first single. 

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

6 hours ago, Persona said:

We are launching a Kickstarter at the beginning of 2021. Here is the first single. 

As I commented on FB, I LOVE this, and it's very cool to hear the backstory behind this song/video.  I'll be looking forward to the Kickstarter info and will happily contribute to your endeavor.

To be an artist is never to avert one's eyes.
- Akira Kurosawa

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularcinephile/

• 2 months later...

Here is Our second video, Manifest(o)

A couple of things have happened.

The first video got a TON of views from a “west side” forum here in Grand Rapids. We couldn’t believe it!

We delayed the Kickstarter due to a lack of faith in it (for now).

We fell in love with this guerilla-style filmmaking on YouTube. So we are getting better at it as we go, it has become such a fun project, and we have been organizing excitedly for future endeavors.

This one has less of that retro 80s/90s vibe I was going for — I’m not even sure what vibe this is. We will get back to that pre-alterna sound for sure though. 

I love the words on this song, and I think Genesis’ singing here is easily the best so far  

Here’s a fun fact on Manifest(o) for ya. At the 3:12 mark when Genesis sings the words, “Make my own fate,” I love the idea of her looking back down the railroad tracks — like she’s looking down a path to her fate. But the truth is she is looking at a cop who is busting us off those tracks. We got out of there, laughing so hard all the way home. 

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.