Who WILL win?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Screen Actors Guild nominees for outstanding cast (often a key predictor for the Best Picture Oscar):

• “Da 5 Bloods” (Netflix)
  • “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” (Netflix)
  • “Minari” (A24)
  • “One Night in Miami” (Amazon Studios)
  • “The Trial of the Chicago 7” (Netflix)

The winner will be announced April 4.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• Peter T Chattaway changed the title to Oscars 2021: Best Picture
  • 3 weeks later...

In case anyone wants to see the full list of films that are eligible for Best Picture, here it is in PDF format.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• 2 weeks later...

The Producers Guild of America Awards nominees:

• Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
  • Judas and the Black Messiah
  • Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
  • Mank
  • Minari
  • Nomadland
  • One Night in Miami...
  • Promising Young Woman
  • Sound of Metal
  • The Trial of the Chicago 7

Note: one of the five SAG ensemble nominees, Da 5 Bloods, is *not* among the ten PGA nominees.

The winner will be announced March 24.

Vote!

Note: the Oscars have only *two* nominees in common with the SAG ensemble nominees, i.e. Minari and The Trial of the Chicago 7. And while the Oscars normally ignore a few of the PGA nominees (because the PGA always nominate ten films while the Oscars typically nominate between seven and nine), the Oscars did nominate one film this year that the PGA ignored, i.e. The Father.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, Peter T Chattaway said:

The Producers Guild of America Awards nominees:

• Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
  • Judas and the Black Messiah
  • Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
  • Mank
  • Minari
  • Nomadland
  • One Night in Miami...
  • Promising Young Woman
  • Sound of Metal
  • The Trial of the Chicago 7

. . . The winner will be announced March 24.

And the winner is... Nomadland!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, Peter T Chattaway said:

The Screen Actors Guild nominees for outstanding cast (often a key predictor for the Best Picture Oscar):

• “Da 5 Bloods” (Netflix)
  • “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom” (Netflix)
  • “Minari” (A24)
  • “One Night in Miami” (Amazon Studios)
  • “The Trial of the Chicago 7” (Netflix)

The winner will be announced April 4.

And the winner is... The Trial of the Chicago 7!

Which, interestingly, did not win any other SAG awards. (It was also nominated in the supporting-actor and stunt-ensemble categories.)