Derek Webb

Josh Hurst

Thanks, wiz. Yeah, I've been on the receiving end of those e-mails from friends who downloaded "Mockingbird" in exchange for contacting 5 people and telling them about the deal.

Truth is, I don't have any downloaded music on my computer. I'm a CD man, or at my wildest, a streamer of audio. But downloading -- well, I'd have to create folders, make sure I have the right software (I never do), and I'm just too lazy to dive in. I'll get to that point, eventually. The "Mockingbird" offer almost did it, but not quite.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

• 14 years later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a fan of Derek's ever since I first got caedmon's call Long line of leavers back in 2000 and consider him the greatest singer/songwriter working today. Am curious if there are any other fans of his out there. In my opinion one can't really go wrong with any of his solo or caedmon's material, but with that being said my absolute favorite caedmon's CD is oddly enough their last official one Raising Up the Dead with Long line of leavers, back home and overdressed coming just behind that one. And then when it comes to his solo CDs in my opinion his all-time greatest work remains I see things upside down, though stockholm syndrome, mockingbird, and last year's Targets comes awful darn close as well.

Oh. Didn't notice. I'll delete, although when I searched, I pulled up some album-specific threads that weren't titled "Derek Webb." 

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker