Sign in to follow this  
run

Costco to sell caskets?

Now what they need to do is put the caskets on wheels, see, so when you buy one of those boxes of Wheat Thins the size of a middle school child, you won't have to carry it around the store. Heck, they could even start designing a line of shopping carts that look like hearses, kind of like Home Depot has carts that look like race cars so the kids can feel like Jeff Gordon while you're picking out wallpaper ... only this way the kid could pretend to be a mortician ... cool.gif This has got "niche" written all over it.

"The most important thing is that people love in the same way. Whether they are monarchists, republicans, or communists, they feel pain in the same way, as well as hatred, jealousy, fear, and fear of death. Whether you are a deeply religious man or an atheist, if you have a toothache, it hurts just the same." - Krzysztof Kieslowski

"...it seems to me that most people I encounter aren't all that interested in the arts. Most of the people who are my age ... appear to be interested in golf, fertilizer, and early retirement schemes.... I will stop caring passionately about music, books, and films on the day that I die, and I'm hoping for Top 100 album polls in the afterlife." - Andy Whitman

The problem with those warehouse stores is that you have to buy in bulk. You have to have a lot of storage space and you feel guilty if you don't use them all.

Does anyone really need a six-pack of caskets? tongue.gif

"If the Christian subculture exists primarily to condemn the world, you can be sure that Jesus is not having any part of it." - John Fischer

"Ignorance is excusable when it is borne like a cross, but when it is wielded like an axe, and with moral indignation, then it becomes something else indeed." - Flannery O'Connor

I wonder if they'll carry embalming fluid...

They already do... those mega-cans of industrial-strength "Nacho Cheese Sauce" for food service customers. blink.gif

"If the Christian subculture exists primarily to condemn the world, you can be sure that Jesus is not having any part of it." - John Fischer

"Ignorance is excusable when it is borne like a cross, but when it is wielded like an axe, and with moral indignation, then it becomes something else indeed." - Flannery O'Connor