Sign in to follow this  
Cunningham

Stephen Lawhead & Hero - The Rock Opera

Oh my gosh!  I neglected this thread - indeed, the whole \"Lit\" neighbourhood - and look what happened while I was away!  Greetings, Martin.  \"Mr Mando\" indeed - not to mention \"Sir Fiddle\"?...

Well, we've completely hijacked this thread, but it's nice to be recognized. I did post something about my CD over in the Music section.

Busy month for me -- I've just been cast in my wife's new play. (This decision was up to the director, not the playwright, so stuff those cries of nepotism back down your throats.) Ron, is there any chance you'll be in Seattle the last weekend of October?

Oh my gosh! I neglected this thread - indeed, the whole "Lit" neighbourhood - and look what happened while I was away! The last weekend of October is already past, and now I learn of your sojourn on the boards. Tell me more - what's your wife's play, does she write lots of them, where was it performed, who were you, all that.

Getting Back to Stephen Lawhead, I would agree with those people who place the Pendragon Cycle and Byzantium as his best. I enjoyed the Celtic Crusades, but they did not move me the way that the previously metioned books did. I think that Patrick was a step up from the CC. Even though it was quite different from what I was expecting.

Quick thought: I have long believed that Lawhead's Pendragon Cycle is the best telling of the Arthur Legends. I would love to see someone adapt it for film. I don't believe that anyone has ever done justice to the story of Arthur and Merlin.

Getting Back to Stephen Lawhead, I would agree with those people who place the Pendragon Cycle and Byzantium as his best.  I enjoyed the Celtic Crusades, but they did not move me the way that the previously metioned books did.  I think that Patrick was a step up from the CC.  Even though it was quite different from what I was expecting.

Quick thought:  I have long believed that Lawhead's Pendragon Cycle is the best telling of the Arthur Legends.  I would love to see someone adapt it for film.  I don't believe that anyone has ever done justice to the story of Arthur and Merlin.

I completely agree and said as much in the King Arthur thread in the film section.

Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd keep !HERO discussion here. Apparently the tour has opened strongly (mostly sellouts), but opening night in Indiana included the threat of protests over a "black Jesus."

Details at Christianity Today and cmusicweb.com

(Apparently nothing came of the threats.)

Tim

You can view footage from opening night of !HERO here.

(The hi-res file took a while to download.)