Sign in to follow this  
Persona

CAFKANFaSDBG NEWS

CAFKANFaSDBG NEWS

There is an unofficial summit to Northfork tonight at the Landmark in Chicago. All are welcome, for CAFKANFaSDBG

The self portrait the second one down is lovely. Now what nights are your best nights?

-s.

:mfight:

Thats me in action.

Maybe we can all just take a look at the next few months and see. It is too bad there is not just a series that runs on one night a week this fall that we could catch.

There is always the Monday night Film club at the Tivoli in Downers Grove. I believe it is once a month and would be a bit of a drive for you northern folks.

There is always the Monday night Film club at the Tivoli in Downers Grove. I believe it is once a month and would be a bit of a drive for you northern folks.

It's actually every other week, and i'd like to go more often. I mean, it's practically in my back yard.

I could only see doing this when a really hot movie is around. I saw Heaven there on a Monday night, and Rabbit Proof Fence, too. They also hosted Russian Ark. Perhaps those are the kind of nights when we could think about this. The train station is right next to the Tivoli, so it would be possible to take public transporation from Chicago.

But i think we need to find something more central -- and perhaps later in the night for this to work. I know that Ash can't typically do anything until around 9pm, and that works better for me, too. That's why tonight is working out so well.

-s.

Edited by stef

Here's an emoticon for that... :Hydrogen:

P.S. Let's remember who thought of the idea

So you watch him sleep, eh? I ususally only hear it!

IT's ALL ABOUT ME!!! :mrgreen:

No, it's really not... i just keep thinking about the fact that there's been an emerging centralized local ex-Novogate community in the Chicagoland area due to the great camraderie of the participants on the board itself, i think it'd be cool to take it to the next level. It starts with us five, where it goes from there, who knows.

-s.

Edited by stef

It's going national baby! Maybe even our own traveling FIlm Festival? Ok, I will slow down. You guys just worry about tonight's meeting. Minutes please!

I wish I was funny like you guys. :scatter: (random emoticon)

But on to the serious topic, I think the idea of getting together semi-regularly is a fantastic one. My tutoring schedule makes things somewhat more difficult, as I'm tutoring Mon.-Thurs. evenings. Now once school starts, I may not tutor late every evening. Last school year, I was done by 8pm both Tuesday and Thursday evenings. But I also have classes Tuesday and Wednesday morning, so I would prefer something later in the week, Thursday or Friday evening perhaps.

But all that to say, making a habit of seeing movies/hanging out sounds great. Count me in.

J Robert

Will you bring Roger?

Okay tonights agenda:

1. We show up

2. Stef loses money

3. I pay for his hot dog and ticket

4. Stef falls asleep.

Heh, you will never let me live that night down. It was quite a fun night though, i have to say. Disturbing as the film was i still feel it was an incredible experience. I think i need to pay for you tonight, and buy you a hot dog. Then will you leave me alone??

-s.

Edited by stef

Sorry sorry. Cheeky jibe.

I think there is a lot to be said for a group consistently seeing the same films together over a period of time. That would be a very enriching experience for me.

I, for one, would enjoy the immediate verbal reaction and interaction. Count me in but just not tonight although me thinks the first gathering is most important and cements the rest of the gatherings in regard to interaction and relationships so maybe I should try to steal away.

Funny thing (M), -s forgot his wallet when we went out on our date night.

I, for one, would enjoy the immediate verbal reaction and interaction. Count me in but just not tonight although me thinks the first gathering is most important and cements the rest of the gatherings in regard to interaction and relationships so maybe I should try to steal away.

The first gathering was Hell House and you were there. However, we'd love to have you tonight if you can "steal away."

-s.

Edited by stef

Well then I guess I might not be off to such a bad start.

I hope the movie was enjoyable and the company even better.

Hi. I will be eligible to join CA(FKA)NFaSDBG in about one month.

Dale

Hi. I will be eligible to join CA(FKA)NFaSDBG in about one month.

Dale

Let me be the first to say, "welcome". Although, I am not certain if the "official" CAFKANFaSDBG group still exists since most have moved or went A.W.O.L..

So, where did you decide to settle down?

Edited by Thom(asher)

We don't have a house yet on the other end, but it'll probably be in the Arlington Heights area.

Dale