Sign in to follow this  
mcyoung27

Alias

Did you see the news? Garner will be on Alias until '08. Wohooo

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/01/t...reut/index.html

If you see the reference to rabid cult following. . .I am not one of those people. . .really. . .I'm not. . .I promise!!!!!

And at the end it says that she is going to be doing an indy film with Lisa Kudrow. . .hmmmmm. . .

Well... hmmmm.... I guess that means there's very little chance of the world blowing up in a nuclear disaster in the next few episodes. In a way, knowing the show's going to go that long, I feel like giving up on it. There's no way they can sustain the quality that long. And do they plan to drag out the whole Rambaldi thing ad nauseum? It's already stretching thin.

Oh well.

I'm still a fan, but I'm just not optimistic at this point.

Well... hmmmm.... I guess that means there's very little chance of the world blowing up in a nuclear disaster in the next few episodes. In a way, knowing the show's going to go that long, I feel like giving up on it. There's no way they can sustain the quality that long. And do they plan to drag out the whole Rambaldi thing ad nauseum? It's already stretching thin.

Oh well.

I'm still a fan, but I'm just not optimistic at this point.

This is how I felt about Smallville when it first caught my eye. "This is good, but it won't be if it stays like this forever." And it's already wearing thin.

I have more faith in Alias, they obviously treat their viewers with more intelligence. And they made a wise move to dispell of SD6, it was getting confusing and convoluted. So perhpas, if they know when to get off that ship, they know when to get of Rambaldi. (Or at least bring him to the next level.) I am almost certain that this latest plot twist is a direct result oif the Rambaldi thing, although they may toy with us for four or five more episodes before really letting us know how. And of course, this whole Vaughn being married thing brings in a whole new story element for them to play with. I am also generally pleased the "personal" elements of the story and I don't feel like they are just appealing to the "girly" crowd with love stories. It feels a natural aspect of the whole tale. CSI is particularly BAD at this. Amidst their relatively engaging investigatory scenes they force me to learn more about the main characters' personal lives, and between the dialogue and the ABYSSMAL acting of everyone but the "hot black actor" (according to my wife) its much more nauseating than the CGI of bullets shattering a splein.

As Beth pointed out in the Buffy thread, a TV series has lots of time to develop and fill. It is the nature of good TV that the series has to reinvent itself from time to time. UPN Buffy was a radical reinvention of WB Buffy. NYPD Blue has reinvented itself through swapping characters. M*A*S*H mananaged to last more than 3 times longer than the war it was set in by shifting from irreverent comedy to facing the horrors of being in that setting and how to deal with such inhumanity and still remain human (and interspersing that with irreverent comedy).

Alias seems to be trying to reinvent itself. Success is still to be detirmined.

As Beth pointed out in the Buffy thread, a TV series has lots of time to develop and fill. It is the nature of good TV that the series has to reinvent itself from time to time. UPN Buffy was a radical reinvention of WB Buffy. NYPD Blue has reinvented itself through swapping characters. M*A*S*H mananaged to last more than 3 times longer than the war it was set in by shifting from irreverent comedy to facing the horrors of being in that setting and how to deal with such inhumanity and still remain human (and interspersing that with irreverent comedy).

Alias seems to be trying to reinvent itself. Success is still to be detirmined.

And U2 keeps reinventing themselves by playing the same exact music since Joshua Tree, and having bono buy a new pair of shades. Is anybody else as tired of U2 as the rest of the world must be of America?

And U2 keeps reinventing themselves by playing the same exact music since Joshua Tree

WHAT? Dude, go listen to, oh... I dunno... "Acrobat," "Mysterious Ways," "Numb," "Stay," "The First Time," "Discotheque," "Gone," "Please," "Stuck in a Moment," "Elevation," and "Wild Honey." If you still think they're songs all sound the same since Joshua Tree, then you must not hear very well...

</fanboy rant>

And U2 keeps reinventing themselves by playing the same exact music since Joshua Tree

WHAT? Dude, go listen to, oh... I dunno... "Acrobat," "Mysterious Ways," "Numb," "Stay," "The First Time," "Discotheque," "Gone," "Please," "Stuck in a Moment," "Elevation," and "Wild Honey." If you still think they're songs all sound the same since Joshua Tree, then you must not hear very well...

</fanboy rant>

I know it makes me some sort of musical outcast, but I've never heard a U2 song that I thought even mildly interesting. And I've heard a lot of them. I really respect Bono's humanitarianism, especially in light of the fatc that it seems to stem from an authentic relationship with God. But I've always been bord by lyrics riffs and vocals.