Top Ten Canadian films anyone?

Well, Peter, Ron, whaddaya think?

And with that, I'm off to Santa Fe to celebrate the 8th anniversary of my marriage to Anne. Have a good week, everyone. I may check in later this week when Anne inevitably discovers a great new book, like she always does on our vacations.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

Hmmm, I've seen all of the Top 22 films except for Dead Ringers (#6, 1988), Les Ordres (#7, 1974), Les Bons D

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw Spider yesterday. A British film made by Canadians. But very good. A bout of insomnia found me doublespeeding through it again to work out the real story.

Couldn't find another thread on it, but the search waters were rather muddied by Spider-man. Grr

Matt

• 2 years later...

TIFF organizers have released their list for 2006 (as opposed to the all-time lists Jeffrey linked to above). All ten films will be shown at the Cinematheque Ontario January 26 - February 3, and a publicist at the Pacific Cinematheque tells me they will be shown there, too, February 22 - 28.

FWIW, I have seen exactly half of this year's list -- two in regular release and three at the Vancouver festival (although I believe at least two of the festival films have since been released to regular theatres here, too) -- and Variety notes that, while this list DOES include lowbrow box-office successes like Trailer Park Boys: The Movie, it does NOT include the all-time home-grown box-office champ, Bon Cop, Bad Cop, which also came out this year.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.