Sign in to follow this  
Darryl A. Armstrong

Quitting Smoking

45 hours smoke free and counting. This sucks. I hope it gets better soon...

smile.gif

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

OK, I made it past the big three days... I'm doing pretty good, I think. :-)

Alan:

You'll have to change your profile--Keep us posted.

Yeah, maybe my avatar too... Poor Spike... blush.gif

(Hey: If you stay smoke-free through October, I'll buy your Caligari ticket for you!)

Ooh! Incentives! tongue.gif

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

What SDG said. Way to go, Darryl!

Nice going Darryl. Cold turkey is better than the way I did it. I got salmonella on our hooneymoon and I just didn't feel like smoking any more, anyway...

In two weeks your lungs should be close to getting a lot of their elasticicty back.

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]

Both my Dad and my Mom were able to quit, years ago. My Mom quit cold turkey after smoking a pack a day for - I don't know, ten years? She's a gritty, willpower freak. My Dad tried everything, but I think Smoke Stoppers finally worked for him after probably two decades of smoking.

Way to go, Darryl.

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."