Sign in to follow this  
John Drew

Posts "ticker" question

I was just curious as to why some posts don't seem to get added to the "number of posts" ticker that accompanies a users ID. I first noticed this with TheBaptistDeathRay's ticker last month... he seemed forever locked at 23 posts, although he had posted so much more than that. I've now noticed in the last few days that my own "ticker" had stalled for a couple of posts. Not that I care all that much, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this, and is this a program flaw.

Thanks,

Baalt

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

"Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much." - Maude 
Harold and Maude

Actually, I believe only posts in the film forums and maybe the "Beyond Film" forum count toward your post total. I don't think you get any points for posting under Humor, Sports, or Politics, for example. I think the reasoning behind this is because the emphasis here is on the arts, although Alan's the guy to ask about that. I'm pretty sure my number would be quite a bit higher if everything counted.

Ah, that explains it. I for one have been trying desperately to get my "most active" ticker to return to film, instead of television. Since our little band of Amazing Race fanatics took off, I've been stuck in the "television" ghetto. unsure.gif Damn you, Jerry Bruckheimer!

"The most important thing is that people love in the same way. Whether they are monarchists, republicans, or communists, they feel pain in the same way, as well as hatred, jealousy, fear, and fear of death. Whether you are a deeply religious man or an atheist, if you have a toothache, it hurts just the same." - Krzysztof Kieslowski

"...it seems to me that most people I encounter aren't all that interested in the arts. Most of the people who are my age ... appear to be interested in golf, fertilizer, and early retirement schemes.... I will stop caring passionately about music, books, and films on the day that I die, and I'm hoping for Top 100 album polls in the afterlife." - Andy Whitman

Excellent, thank you! Like I said, it wasn't a major concern, just a recent curiosity.

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

"Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much." - Maude 
Harold and Maude

Ah, that explains it. I for one have been trying desperately to get my "most active" ticker to return to film, instead of television. Since our little band of Amazing Race fanatics took off, I've been stuck in the "television" ghetto. unsure.gif Damn you, Jerry Bruckheimer!

How many times have I uttered that curse myself? Usually in conjunction with Michael "I'm the Hollywood crap you've heard about" Bay.