Sign in to follow this  
Joel

Eminem = Prophetic?

The Revealer (if you don't read this site, you really should) on Eminem's new song and video, which are a far cry from his usual near-nihilism, and actually use some religious imagery...

"...it's religion, that of sword-tongued street preachers, liberation theologians, exorcists, apocalypse ranchers, weather watchers, and all true snake handlers. John of Patmos and Ezekiel and Jeremiah. Paranoid; terrifying; brilliant. Right or wrong, Eminem has grabbed the prophetic mantle like no other musician or writer in America right now."

Edited by joel

Eminem is insanely good at what he does. Would that he chose to do this kind of stuff more often than the nihilism he seemed more interested in for his previous work.

Eminem has started annotating his own songs on Genius.

Because of the Martin Luther King quote — “had a dream” — someone thought “milking” was a play on M.L. King. It’s not. But I’ve thought that about other people’s lines. Sometimes me and Slaughterhouse will talk, and I’ll be like “Yo, you meant this?” And he’ll be like “No,” and I’m like, “You should tell people you meant that.”

I should have told that guy that’s what I meant. That “milking” thing is pretty cool.