Sign in to follow this  
Diane

The Amazing Race 6

There is an interview with the four final teams here, and includes relationship updates. (Jon and Kris are now living together, while F&K and H&A are engaged; A&R are, well, not...)

"Could we ever know each other in the slightest without the arts?"

« Nous connaîtrions-nous seulement un peu nous-mêmes, sans les arts? »

Quoted on Canada's $20 bill; from Gabrielle Roy's novel La montagne secrète. The English translation, The Hidden Mountain, is by Harry L. Binsse.

Because of my class schedule, I couldn't watch the finale until just now. YIKES! Exciting!

I'm sad for Jon & Kris, but they came out shining like gold. And at least A&R didn't win it.

I never in a million years would have expected H&A to quit. That blew me away.

I hope the next season, theytone down the bunching...

Families looks interesting!

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

Apparently the next season starts beginning of March. That's really lumping it close together, isn't it?

I saw part of the Dr. Phil last night with Victoria and Jonathan, but was paged in the middle of their segment. I watched Jonathan squirm and Dr. Phil telling him he's (Jonathan) playing word games. When I got back, Victoria was saying she was fine and thanking Dr. Phil for having them and allowing them to see a "softer side".

Did I miss something? All I saw was Jonathan continuing to make excuses, then, when the heat became unbearable, they left.

I would appreciate anyone filling me in, if they can. I don't care much about the other two segments (though, a sex contract?? Pleeeease. :rolleyes: )

Subtlety is underrated

I caught it, Ann. Really, I expected Dr. Phil to lay on more heat than he did. Yep, Jonathan made some excuses, saying that they were both too intense during the game. He also said that he's used to Victoria losing it emotionally from time to time, and he's sort of learned to ignore that (!). He did admit that a lot of what he did was over the line and he was sorry, especially when Dr. Phil played some of his worst footage from the Berlin leg on TAR.

And Victoria says they're fine (she seemed peeved at people who come up and ask her if she's OK), and whenever they fight, the make up. Jonathan's really tender, etc., etc.

BTW, she moved in with him after ONE DATE? eek.gif I just don't get it.

Dr. Phil also mentioned that CBS was swamped with angry viewer complaints after that Berlin episode. And Jonathan's received hate mail, death threats, etc.