Sign in to follow this  
Darrel Manson

bizarre avatar problem

OK, found a shot I want for avatar (actually a few options), saved to my computer, sent to the avatar place and tried to update my avatar. Each time I end up with my old avatar adjusted to the size of the new one. I tried removing the old avatar (which works) and loading the new one - get the old one back in whatever size the new one is suppose to be. Tried loading a different avatar from the gallery (worked) then loading the new one - goes to the original old avatar.

aeh.gif

I shouldn't try to do this in the morning.

I had the same problem a few days ago, but it only lasted a little while, and it only showed up on my home computer--when I went to work, I could see that all was well.

Having the same problem tonight again... My updated avatar doesnt appear... Just my old avatar re-scaled to the new ones dimensions. Have refreshed, cleared out cache, etc... still the same.... ???

OK.. This appears to be an AOL-related browser issue... Opened the page up in another browser and all is well. I just started using AOL recently and I suspect certain images are cached on the AOL server...?

FWIW, I've experienced this pseudo-problem numerous times with various avatar changes on different platforms and multiple browsers... and like Alan says I've always eventually figured out that the avatar actually updated correctly and some sort of cache or similar type issue was preventing me from seeing it.

To do that you need to be a Member, which you can do today!

Ah see I'm glad I checked this, 'cause that answered my question! smile.gif

To do that you need to be a Member, which you can do today!

Ah see I'm glad I checked this, 'cause that answered my question! smile.gif

Yeah, I had the same problem for the past ten minutes or so until I found this post. I think it would be nice if non-members were told on the 'edit avatars' page of their profile that they can't upload their own avatars, so they don't waste their time trying to figure out what's going on.