An Animated Best Picture?

I would be ecstatic if The Incredibles was nominated for Best Picture. Especially since none of my other favorites this year have any kind of chance whatsoever.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

A moot discussion, though, since the Academy foresaw this eventuality some years ago and created the Best Animation Oscar to stop it happening. Only if the winner of Best Animated Film is regarded (and loudly) as *better* than the winner of Best Picture will the Academy be forced to look again.

Phil.

"We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." - Angel

"We don't do perms!" - Trevor and Simon

Getting the nomination shouldn't be TOO difficult, if the film is sincerely good and/or popular -- just look at how foreign-language films like Life Is Beautiful and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon were nominated in the Best Picture category. It can happen.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.