Well-Known Actors and Directors Who Are Believers?

I also thought Russel Crowe was very interesting.

So did I. But why does he keep hitting people?

Russell Crowe apologizes

And so do I. "Let him [or her] who is without sin throw the first phone."

Sorry.

Reese Witherspoon?

RD: What religion were you raised in?

Witherspoon: Episcopalian.

RD: Do you go to church?

Witherspoon: Yes. I take the kids to church and Sunday school. They love it. I really think it's important for a child to feel that there are things that are bigger than your life out there.

FWIW

Apparently Witherspoon refuses to do nudity. Much to the chagrin of icky fanboys everywhere, she's too modest for that kind of thing so they say. It's nice to hear of an actress who keeps herself covered, especially since she probably gets a lot of money offers to do otherwise.

That's the worst of being an actor, isn't it?...your entire career is forever enshrined in celluloid (or whatever the current equivalent may be). Should you change your views on propriety or even (possibly) repent of some past indiscretions, people will keep on saying, "Yeah, but you USED to..."

Actually, I guess that kind of thing may be the worst of being anyone who changes. Paul was probably continually plagued by people saying, "What happend, Saul? You used to be so willing to persecute the Christians..."

"Yeah, but you USED to..."

Actually, I guess that kind of thing may be the worst of being anyone who changes. Paul was probably continually plagued by people saying, "What happend, Saul? You used to be so willing to persecute the Christians..."

Beth:

Regarding Reese, I guess it's okay to make dreck like Cruel Intentions that panders to teens' overexcited libidos as long as you don't show your breasts while doing it.

Peace.

Ken

Cruel Intentions, 1999. Yes, it's dreck. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair probably wish they could forget it, too.

now--2005

I rest my case.

Russell Crowe apologizes

And so do I. "Let him [or her] who is without sin throw the first phone."

Sorry.

That is soooo freak'n sad....(groaning) smile.gif

She refuses to do it NOW, at any rate. I seem to remember seeing her naked breasts in Twilight (1998), though.

Ah. Didn't know about that one.

Don't forget Lisa Welchel.

That's the worst of being an actor, isn't it?...your entire career is forever enshrined in celluloid (or whatever the current equivalent may be). Should you change your views on propriety or even (possibly) repent of some past indiscretions, people will keep on saying, "Yeah, but you USED to..."

Something similar to this. Elvis Presley's stepbrother, David Stanley, came to my church one time back in the 80's. He tells of Christians who had the gall to tell him how much they did not like Elvis, because they thought he contributed to the degradation of America's youth, gyrating his hips and all. Stanley went on to say, "Listen, when you tell me something like that? Just remember who you are talking to. You are talking about MY BROTHER." Blood is thicker than water.

Edited by BBBCanada

I spoke with John Tesh one time on AOL and won a signed CD of one of his first instrumental albums in a contest. I had to name the songs on the album and answer something like why I liked his music.

At the time I bought a track of a song he did with James Ingram and told him I was going to sing it to my ex-wife. He was deeply impressed. I'm still amazed at his violinist.

Don't forget Lisa Welchel.

Oh, but can we please? biggrin.gif

Yes, you are right SZPT...GONE! DONE! WIPED-FROM-THE-MEMORY-BANKS!

Chris O'Donnell is the cover-story on Life, which now comes in some newspapers, like Parade (how are the mighty fallen!). He's the cover-story because (1) he's joining the cast of Grey's Anatomy and (2) it's Father's Day weekend & he and his wife (who's not mentioned or named until the last page of the story) have 4 kids.

Why does he belong in this thread? Where does he encounter the "deeper responsibility" of fatherhood?

Nowhere is that clearer than at Mass near his home near Pacific Palisades, California...

"It's the time of week I'm most in touch with my dad energy, because I'm all about making sure everybody's behaving," says O'Donnell, who, as the youngest of seven children...is intimately familiar with large family dynamics. He's also not above bribing his offspring with a sweet reward to keep them from kicking the pews. "Half the reason the kids are so good during the service," he says, "is there's a doughnut in it for them as long as they don't act up."

Then there's this:

"You want to give your children a chance to live in a normal world. I think religion is a good part of that. Sundays are our biggest days together. We go out for breakfast, then we race to Mass. The world is getting crazier. Sometimes it seems so out of control. I don't think it matters which religion. It's just important to believe in something."

::bang::

Edited by BethR

Chris O'Donnell said:

: We go out for breakfast, then we race to Mass.

So Catholics don't fast before communion? Before breaking-the-fast? Or is that just O'Donnell?