Sign in to follow this  
Persona

Problem with Links

Hello.

I upgraded my CPU recently so I'm not sure if this is only a problem I'm having here at home or what...

It seems like links that are made by board users (not links that are an actual part of the design of the board) do not work for me. In other words, I click on a thread and read the posts, and when I come across a link that's been designed by another user, I click on it and nothing happens.

Any ideas why this could be? Anything in my own settings that could be preventing these links from working? Thoughts?

-s.

I've been playing around with this, and here's the funny thing about it. In this same section of the board, on page two of the upgrades and enhancements thread, in post # 20 the link that reads "testing area" works for me, but in link # 27, the link that reads "here" does not work for me. Same person posted -- Alan -- who I would imagine has posted two good links.

Why is one working for me and not the other?

-s.

Post 27 works fine, the "at all" doesn't even give me a chance.

-s.

Re: The new CPU. Someone got me Windows at a cheaper price than I would pay for it anywhere else. I'm thinking that's where the problem lies.

You may have a point about the underlining above. Still, on the Main Film page my computer won't link to Looking Closer or The Matthews House Project or any of the links that are there. And another great example is in Jazzahola's Ordet thread, where Matt Page in post # 7 lists a slew of old Novogate Ordet discussions. As my cursor passes over the links, the lower left hand corner it tells me where the link is supposed to go, and a hand appears. Unfortunately, when I click on the links themselves nothing happens.

Frustrating.

And the final frustrating thing I've noticed is that after I reboot, a link will work -- for a while. And then it seems to go dead on me. Or so it seems.

-s.