Sign in to follow this  
Crow

Least Anticipated Sequels

Crow   

This stems from a conversation I had with a friend yesterday.

From the top of my head:

Miss Congeniality 2

Son of the Mask

XXX: State of the Union

::bang::

Edited by SDG

Couldn't find any other thread for this bit of info... maybe the "of 2005" can be dropped.

Do we need this?

Cruise To Star In Top Gun Sequel?

20 July 2008 11:52 PM, PDT

Tom Cruise is preparing for take-off - after he was reportedly approached to star in a sequel to 1986 hit movie Top Gun.

The actor has been asked to reprise his role as cocky fighter-pilot Maverick, 22 years after the first film.

A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "The idea is Maverick is at the Top Gun school as an instructor - and this time it is he who has to deal with a cocky new female pilot."

Cue music by Berlin....

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

Weird. At the junket for National Treasure 2 last year, Jerry Bruckheimer talked about how he and Cruise had looked into the possibility of a Top Gun sequel for several years, but nothing came of it because they couldn't find a decent story.

So, on the one hand, I am skeptical of this news because Bruckheimer made it sound like ancient history. But, on the other hand, I do note that Bruckheimer apparently had the words "Top Gun sequel" on the brain as recently as several months ago (he brought the subject up while answering a question about possible future National Treasure sequels).

Is Kelly McGillis still acting these days?

Do we need this?

In the name of all that is pure and holy, no. A thousand times no.

ummmmm.... please , no.... I mean, really... Murtaugh is 62, shouldn't he be enjoying his pension?

Gibson + Glover To Return To Lethal Weapon?

8 August 2008 12:06 AM, PDT

Mel Gibson and Danny Glover have reportedly signed up to star in a fifth Lethal Weapon movie.

The actors are said to be in negotiations for Lethal Weapon 5 - ten years after the release of the fourth installment of the action franchise.

Director Richard Donner, who oversaw all four of the previous films, last year revealed that he was ready to make another movie - as long as Gibson agreed.

And now it looks as if the picture could finally get the green light.

A source tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "Lethal Weapon 5 is a go. Mel and Danny are back. The script is fabulous!"

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

Persona   

Ugh. With William Forsythe .

One word: atrocity.

I just don't get this sh*t.